2 Postdocs: Climate Change Communication
Yale University: 2 Postdoctoral Research Fellows
The Yale Program on Climate Change Communication (http://climatecommunication.yale.edu) invites applications for 2 full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellows to contribute to our ongoing research on public climate change knowledge, risk perceptions, policy preferences, and behavior. The program conducts scientific surveys and message experiments at the national, international, and global scales, as well as with specific communities and organizations. The program also includes several projects that engage the public in climate change science and solutions.
- Conduct scientific research to advance the theory and practice of effective climate change communication, and the psychological, cultural, political, and social factors influencing public awareness, risk perceptions, policy preferences and behavior;
- Work with an interdisciplinary and international network of researchers;
- Postdoc 1: Contribute to survey research design, implementation and data analysis;
- Postdoc 2: Contribute to online/digital experimental research design, implementation and data analysis;
- Author peer-reviewed publications and public reports.
- Candidates must have a PhD in a relevant field or discipline, such as survey research, risk perception, communication (climate change, science, environment, public health, and/or political communication), behavior change, psychology, political science, sociology, or geography;
- Proficiency in survey and/or experimental research design, methods, and analysis;
- Proficiency in data analysis, using SPSS, R, or other statistics packages;
- Proficiency in data and project management;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate research results to both expert and non-expert audiences;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
The review of applications will begin on February 1, 2018 and the positions will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The positions are full-time appointments for one year, with full benefits, and with the possibility of renewal for a second year, dependent upon performance and availability of funding. Members of under-represented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
For full consideration, applicants must submit an application to email@example.com Please put either “Survey Postdoc Application – (your last name)” or “Experimental Postdoc Application – (your last name)” in the subject line. Applications should include: (1) a cover letter including a statement of research interests and career goals, with names and contact information for three professional references, and (2) a curriculum vita.