Visiting Assistant Professor of Environmental Communication
ANNOUNCEMENT OF TEMPOARARY FACULTY VACANCY
VISITNG ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
The State University of New York - College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), invites applications for a temporary academic-year, non-tenure-track position as Visiting Assistant Professor of Environmental Communication in the Department of Environmental Studies (http://www.esf.edu/es/) for the 2017-18 academic year.
Responsibilities: This position is 50% teaching and 50% program support. Teaching load is 2-2 and includes two Fall courses: Foundations of Environmental Communication (EST 245) and Mass Media & Environment (EST 645), and two Spring courses: Environmental Communication Workshop (EST 493) and Environmental Risk Perception (EST 606).
Program support includes:
- Advising students in the Master of Professional Studies (M.P.S.) graduate program;
- Organizing and supervising students working on communication projects promoting ESF visibility;
- Developing and overseeing undergraduate and graduate internships internal and external to ESF;
- Assisting with graduate and undergraduate program assessment in Environmental Studies;
- Participating on departmental and campus committees, as assigned; and
- Assisting in developing and implementing strategies for undergraduate student recruitment in Environmental Studies.
Required Qualifications: Doctoral degree or ABD in Communication or related field. Focus in interdisciplinary environmental studies or environmental science programs.
Preferred Qualifications: Two or more years of college-level teaching experience.
Application Deadline: Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates should submit their application by March 15, 2017 to assure optimal consideration.
Application Procedure: Applications are required to be submitted on-line at: http://www.esf.edu/hr/
Applicants should include the following items:
- Letter of interest
- Brief teaching statement
- Curriculum vitae
- List of three references with contact information (we will not contact references without prior permission).
In accordance with the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act” institutions of higher education are required to prepare an annual report containing information on campus security policies and campus statistics. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by SUNY-ESF; and on property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a printed copy of this report by contacting SUNY-ESF University Police at 315-470-6667 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.esf.edu/univpolice/crimereports/
SUNY-ESF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.