Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication
Yale University: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The Yale Program on Climate Change Communication (http://climatecommunication.yale.edu) invites applications for a full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow to contribute to our ongoing research on climate change knowledge, risk perceptions, policy preferences, and behavior among the public, policymakers, and other key stakeholders. The program conducts scientific surveys and experiments at the national, international, and global scales, as well as with specific communities and organizations. The program also applies this research in several communication projects that engage the public and key stakeholders in climate change science and solutions, including a national radio program broadcast daily on 230 stations across the U.S. (Yale Climate Connections).
- Conduct scientific research to advance the theory and practice of effective climate change communication, and the psychological, cultural, political, and social factors that influence public awareness, risk perceptions, policy preferences and behavior;
- Work with an interdisciplinary and international network of researchers;
- Contribute to survey and/or experimental research design, implementation and data analysis;
- Author peer-reviewed publications and public reports.
- Candidates must have a PhD in a relevant field or discipline, such as survey research, risk perception, communication (climate change, science, environment, public health, and/or political communication), behavior change, psychology, political science, sociology, or geography;
- Proficiency in survey and/or experimental research design, methods, and analysis;
- Proficiency in data analysis, using SPSS, R, GIS, or other statistics packages;
- Proficiency in data and project management;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate research results to both expert and non-expert audiences;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English;
- Experience with qualitative methods are desired, but not required.
The review of applications will begin on June 15, 2016 and the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position is a full-time appointment for one year, with full benefits, and with the possibility of renewal for a second year, dependent upon performance and availability of funding. Members of under-represented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
For full consideration, applicants must submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Postdoc Application – (your last name)” in the subject line. Applications should include: (1) a cover letter, including a statement of research interests and career goals, with names and contact information for three professional references, and (2) a curriculum vita.