University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
The Communications Specialist supports the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s marketing and branding strategy across the University and serves as the communications liaison for the School for Marine Science and Technology (SMAST). She/he works independently and within a team environment to research, write, edit, and review stories for print and online publication. To create this content, she/he meets with students, faculty, staff, and alumni, as well as external audiences such as community and government groups and media outlets. Material will be used in a variety of media including, but not limited to publications, web, social media, advertising, recruiting, and email communications. Evening and weekend hours as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Professional Writing or related field.
- Significant (over five years) professional writing and editing experience for print, web, and social media with messages aimed at internal and external university audiences.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects from concept through final execution.
- Demonstrated experience working in collaboration with individuals and groups to accomplish strategic brand communication goals.
- Demonstrated experience in multitasking, and in managing simultaneous projects with successful, timely completion.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills across a variety of media.
- Ability to use social media to communicate with University and SMAST audiences.
- Ability to effectively communicate scientific research and content to the general public.
- Advanced understanding of integrated marketing communication and how to effectively translate brand messages across various mediums.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Strong initiative to develop creative approaches and solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects independently.
- Seven or more years of communication experience in the field of education.
- Strong skills with PowerPoint presentations and email marketing.
- Strong background in scientific terminology and means of presentation.
- Graduate degree.
- Knowledge of photography and digital publishing.
To apply, please submit online a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for up to three references at http://www.umassd.edu/hr/employmentopportunities/. The review of applications will begin on March 11, 2015, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts reserves the right to conduct background checks on potential employees.
UMass Dartmouth is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2cfb93j