Co-Design Your Communications Internship with future.org & future.edu
Spend a semester, trimester, or summer with Future Generations, an international nonprofit empowering communities to shape their futures through field action in six countries and a Graduate School with alumni from 33 countries.
Co-design your internship based on a specific project around one or more of the following priorities:
- Coordinate and develop written and multi-media content for www.future.org, soon to be reoriented as a global learning lab for community empowerment
- Strengthen the recruitment strategy and marketing materials for Future Generations Graduate School, which offers a Master's in Applied Community Change with concentrations in peacebuilding and conservation
- Design and develop content for publications related to international community change, peacebuilding, and conservation
- Review and amplify the social media strategies of Future Generations and Future Generations Graduate School, beginning with a focus on building from the organization's successful monthly e-newsletters
- Strengthen Search Engine Optimization for Future Generations, building off of a review of existing SEO strengths and assets
- Provide training and support for a global alumni network that seeks to grow its skills in social media, blogging, website development, and publishing research
- Other...have a skill or idea that you would like to introduce; let us know
Qualifications: We're looking for interns with a passion for international community development, peacebuilding, or community-led approaches to nature conservation who seek to build upon and put to use their communications skills in content production, storytelling, social media, graphic design, or marketing. Interns will be part of a small, dynamic, and hardworking team.
Send a letter of interest with CV, available dates, and a writing sample to: Traci Hickson, Director of Development Communications, traci *at future.org
Housing, Stipends, and Academic Support
Future Generations has free housing available (in a yurt) for up to two interns right next to our office; will offer a $200 a week stipend; and will work with school to develop learning objectives, provide internship evaluation, and make this a meaningful learning experience. Credit and non-credit internship opportunities available. In addition, an opportunity may be available for an intern to assist Future Generations Graduate School internationally as part of a one-month field residential with our students.