Online Communications Coordinator
The Climate Coalition (Stop Climate Chaos Coalition)
Job Description: Online Communications Coordinator
Responsible for: Digital strategy and coordination of online communications
Part time: 3 days/week
Contract: Two years
Reports to: Campaign Manager
Based in: London, Victoria
Salary: £33,000/ annum pro rata.
Application deadline: Friday 11th April 2014, 10am
Bring specialist digital campaigning skills and strategic thinking to the delivery of a digital campaigning strategy to support the coalition’s campaign. Lead on development and build wide engagement in an online platform to reflect public concern about climate change and activity within the climate movement.
Lead on developing tools that enable a wide range of organisations to communicate effectively and engage their supporters in the issue of climate change online.
- Manage and develop an online platform reflecting public concern about climate change and activity across the climate movement
- With coalition colleagues, develop and deliver a digital campaign strategy.
- Be responsible for the coalition’s online presence, and work with other secretariat staff to promote coalition and member organisation campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.
- Manage the e-mail list of non-aligned supporters/casual visitors to the website, as well as online campaign materials.
- Manage the personal data that The Climate Coalition holds in line with legal requirements and good practice.
- Work with Coalition Campaigns and Outreach Officer to build online engagement from coalition member organisations and ensure digital campaigns actions and content are relevant to coalition members and their supporters.
- Network with other e-campaigning organisations and be embedded and active in the key campaigning and digital communities
- Maintain up to date knowledge of policy and political debates in current campaigns areas
- Manage personal workload and adhere to individual project deadlines.
- Be responsible for the management of budgets relating to online delivery of the campaign.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as deemed necessary
- Good knowledge of current good practice in web and email design, including usability, accessibility and technology standards.
- At least 2 years experience of digital campaigning in a supporter based organisation
- At least 2 years experience in writing web copy and producing effective online content for a mixed range of audiences.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to deadlines under pressure and to take projects forward without supervision
- Proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment and the ability to work on own initiative
- Good knowledge and experience of website creation process, including experience administering open source CMS systems (preferably Drupal), knowledge of social media and digital marketing best practices and basic HTML.
- Understanding of online communications tactics, including social media
- Proven ability to think strategically in order to deliver compelling digital campaigns that recruit and retain supporters
- A proven commitment to team work and strong collaborative and diplomacy skills
- Proven analytical skills, including web and social media analytics, to ensure proper monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Passionate about tackling climate change and supportive of the aims and values of The Climate Coalition.