EnviroCentre is an Ottawa-based, non-profit organization which helps individuals, families and organizations conserve energy, save money and reduce their impact on the environment. We have an immediate opening for a talented, team-oriented and quality-minded individual to plan and implement a wide variety of communication initiatives that support EnviroCentre’s corporate and program priorities. The ideal candidate is both strategic and hands-on, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a small, non-profit environment.
- Write, edit and produce communication materials in a variety of print and electronic formats, including brochures, posters, publications, e-newsletters, media releases and advertising.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to develop communication and marketing plans/materials that support corporate and program-specific objectives.
- Ensure consistent and compelling communications and maintain quality control of all communication materials.
- Write and disseminate communications materials, including blog posts, media releases, briefing materials, and content for our social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Act as an expert resource on communications to the management team and other staff colleagues.
- Monitor industry news and analyze sensitive and complex communication issues.
- Develop relationships with journalists, bloggers, environmental stakeholders and other audiences.
- Administer and update EnviroCentre’s website.
- Coordinate and work with partners, contractors, and suppliers as required.
- Participate in internal EnviroCentre committees and activities which support broader organizational objectives.
Requirements (skills and experience)
- A Diploma or Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience along with a track record of successful development and implementation of communication plans and materials.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to work with internal teams, manage deadlines and effectively problem-solve issues.
- Experience in web content development and all aspects of web presence.
- Solid working knowledge of social media tools and tactics.
- A general understanding of sustainability and environmental issues.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Bilingualism (English/French) a strong asset.
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Oral and written communication
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Small office environment
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to ride a bicycle, take public transit and walk
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends as required
- Driver’s license, an asset
Other incentives offered by EnviroCentre:
- Group Benefits package (available after 3 month probationary period).
- Bike fleet available for use during work hours.
- Inclusion in business membership to VrtuCar, Ottawa’s car sharing service.
Please submit your cover letter, CV and salary expectations to hr msk envirocentre.ca* or in person at EnviroCentre, 366 Rideau Street. Note: If dropped off in person, please also send an electronic copy.
Closing date: Thursday, February 13, 2014
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Please note - We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.