Development / Communications Intern
EnvironMentors National Office, Washington, DC
EnvironMentors (EM) seeks a creative and committed individual for a part-time (10 hours/week) Marketing and Communications internship. The ideal candidate will have experience and skills in Internet research, writing and communications, program administration, and maintaining a sophisticated internal social networking website. The position will include working as part of a national office team located in Washington, DC and Boulder, CO, as well as with Directors and Coordinators at 13 university-based chapters nationwide. The position’s primary emphasis is to assist with fundraising, communications research/development, maintain/update “EnvironMentors Online Community,” with occasional program support for EM’s university-based chapters.
- Broaden EnvironMentors portfolio of development prospects through research and outreach to F-500 corporations and National Science Foundation programs supporting STEM education and advancement.
- Support sponsorship solicitations for the EnvironMentors National Fair and Awards Ceremony and conduct EnvironMentors student scholarship solicitation mailings.
- Write EnvironMentors external newsletters and assist in developing all promotional videos and print materials.
- Support EnvironMentors team in all other program coordination activities as needed.
- Two or more years of undergraduate study pursuant to a degree in education, communications, business, web design, public policy or related field.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment while remaining responsible for individual tasks.
- Strong commitment to underrepresented youth and the environment.
Status: Part-time (10 hours/week)
EnvironMentors is an environmental science mentoring program geared to preparing high school students from underrepresented backgrounds for college degree programs and careers in environmental and related science fields. Initiated in 1992 as a community based organization serving DC public high school students, EnvironMentors is now an initiative of the National Council for Science and the Environment and currently undergoing an ambitious scale up as a national, college access program with chapters located at 13 universities across the country.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Subject/Attn: EM Intern Application
Electronically to: email@example.com
Or via fax: 202-628-4311