National Council for Science and the Environment 12th National Conference: Environment and Security
Part time 24 hrs per week – fulltime closer to conference date
October 2011 through end of January 2012 with possibility of employment upon completion.
The National Council for Science and the Environment is seeking a fulltime unpaid intern to assist in the communication of NCSE’s 12th National Conference: Environment and Security. The position will require a multifaceted individual whose duties will range from composing membership/outreach listserv announcements to providing sponsorship and exhibition teams with strategic research on target audiences. The balance will be approximately 50% substantive and 50% administrative duties.
About the Conference: NCSE’s National Conference focuses on a new theme every year. Each conference fits into NCSE’s larger framework of improving the scientific basis for environmental decision-making. This year’s conference will focus on Environment and Security and will cover issues such as water resource scarcity, food security, biological terrorism and much more. The conference typically draws over 1,000 attendees, 25-30 exhibitors, national press coverage, and top-tier sponsors.
National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) – www.ncseonline.org
NCSE’s 11th National Conference: Our Changing Oceans –www.ourchangingoceans.org
NCSE’s 12th National Conference: Environment and Security –www.environmentandsecurity.org
- Outreach for strategic inter-organizational collaborations
- Research exhibition targets and identify lead contacts
- Serve as point of contact for exhibits
- Compose listserv announcements for conference as well as other NCSE programs
- Support conference team members as needed
- In pursuit of (or have received) a bachelors degree in communications, an environment-related field or experience in event management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable editing websites
- Works very well in a team setting
- Able to manage a fast-paced environment (esp. in the month prior to the conference)
- Excellent prioritization skills
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Communications Intern
Please include a cover letter and resume.