Waterlines: Confluence and Hope through Environmental Communication
We are excited to have you join us in Vancouver, Canada for the 15th biennial Conference on Communication and Environment (COCE 2019). The conference will be held at the University of British Columbia (UBC) campus on the Point Grey headland, surrounded by forest and ocean, with views of the Coast Mountains and just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver, all of which is part of the traditional unceded territory of the Musqueam people.
We have chosen communicating water - Waterlines - as the theme of the conference. Water connects with many environmental issues in the Pacific Northwest relating to energy production and distribution, land use, climate change, forestry, mining, development, and recreation. We think water is an under-researched area in the field of environmental communication and we are hoping to change that a bit.
The conference will bring together scholars, practitioners, artists, students and concerned citizens from around the world to share research, good practices, experience, and stories in order to help foster more effective, inspiring, ethical, and hopeful environmental and sustainability communication.
Twitter: @TheIECA #coce2019
Email: coce2019 at theieca dot org
- 30 July 2018 – Theme announced and call for submissions distributed
- 1 September 2018 – Online conference submission system available
- 15 November 2018 – Deadline for all submissions
- 15 January 2019 – Acceptance notification and draft program
- 15 January 2019 – Registration opens
- 15 January to 15 April 2019 – Program revisions
- 30 January, 2019 – Presenters must be members of IECA
- 15 April, 2019 – Early-bird registration closes
- 15 May 2019 – Papers and posters should be uploaded to the COCE website
- 31 May 2019 – Programme finalized and presenters must be registered
- 17 June 2019 – Pre-conference events (optional)
- 17 June 2019 – Conference begins in Vancouver, BC
- 21 June 2019 – Conference excursions (optional)