ICA 2014 Seattle - Environmental Communication Interest Group
The ICA conference in Seattle is just a week away! Here is the list of all Environmental Communication Interest Group (ECIG) sessions including two co-sponsored sessions, with Political Communication and Journalism Studies divisions, and the IECA panel.
Thanks to the generosity of the University of Illinois, Chicago, the University of Koblenz-Landau, Ohiho State University and the Porter School of Environmental Studies at Tel Aviv University we are hosting an RSVP only sponsored breakfast/reception followed by our business meeting on Saturday, May 24. If you didn't RSVP, please come to the Business Meeting at 9:00 AM in the Seattle Sheraton, Jefferson B, where we will celebrate our new Division status, top paper awards, and discuss the Greening of ICA web page and upcoming elections for new vice-chair and secretary. See you there!
Fo more info contact Richard Doherty - Chair, Merav Katz-Kimchi - Vice Chair, Janel Schuh - Secretary ICA ECIG
• Public Understanding of Climate Change: From Misperceptions to Engagement // Paper Session -- Fri May 23 2014, 09:00 to 10:15 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Leschi
• Between Science and the Public: Studies in Science Journalism -- Fri, May 23, 9:00 to 10:15, Seattle Sheraton, Willow A (A session of Journalism Studies that we co-sponsor)
• Public Attitudes and Responses to Environmental Messages // Paper Session -- Fri May 23 2014, 10:30 to 11:45 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Leschi
• Environmental Campaigns: Effects, Rhetoric, and Mobilization // Paper Session -- Sat May 24 2014, 10:30 to 11:45 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Jefferson B
• Political Communication and the Environment: Framing, Activism, Polarization, and Hyperlinking -- Sat, May 24, 12:00 to 13:15, Seattle Sheraton, Cedar A (A session of Political Communication that we co-sponsor)
• Climate Change in the News: Regional, National, and International Perspectives // Paper Session -- Sat May 24 2014, 13:30 to 14:45 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Juniper
• Environmental Communication Interactive Poster Session // Interactive Paper Session -- Sat May 24 2014, 16:30 to 17:45 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Metropolitan Ballroom
• Risk Models and Communities at Risk: From Climate Change to Asbestos // Paper Session -- Sun May 25 2014, 13:30 to 14:45 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Kirkland
• Critiques of Environmental Discourse and Ideology // Paper Session -- Sun May 25 2014, 15:00 to 16:15 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Greenwood
• Changing the Climate for Communicating About Marine Health // Session Submission type: Panel -- Time: Sun May 25 2014, 16:30 to 17:45 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Greenwood
• Energy Issues: Public Opinion, Attitudes, and Behavior // Paper Session -- Mon May 26 2014, 09:00 to 10:15 Place: Seattle Sheraton, Leschi
Also The IECA will hold a special panel entitled "Unrest as a strategic environmental communication strategy" on Monday, May 26 at the Kirkland room of the Sheraton (10:30-11:45AM)