Communicate 2012 – Breaking Boundaries: The Next Ten Years for People and Nature
EVENTSubmitted by The IECA on August 20, 2012.
October 24, 2012 to October 25, 2012
Brunel’s Old Station, Central Bristol, UK
Join us at Communicate 2012 – Breaking Boundaries: The Next Ten Years for People and Nature
24/25 October, Brunel’s Old Station, Central Bristol, UK
Communicate is the UK’s leading conference for environmental communicators, bringing together a blend of NGOs, media professionals, green business leaders, academics and policy makers. With over 100 different organisations represented each year, Communicate gives delegates the opportunity to stay informed on the crucial current debates in the sector, share best practice, hear from inspirational speakers, and get direct feedback on their own communication campaigns.
Join us for our tenth anniversary as we break the boundaries of environmental communication – crossing the barriers to engagement; challenging the boundaries between sectors; overcoming the gap between awareness and action – and look ahead to the next ten years for people and nature.
- Reaching new audiences and breaking down the barriers to engagement – including naturalist and author of the National Trust’s Natural Childhood report Stephen Moss on engaging the next generation.
- Head versus Heart Changing Behaviour or Influencing Core Values – our expert panel debate different approaches to environmental communication, from behavioural economics to engagement with intrinsic values, with panellists including Theresa Marteau and Ed Gillespie.
- Keynote speech from marine biologist and BBC presenter Monty Halls.
- Relationship Counselling for Conservation - we examine the opportunities and the difficulties of stepping outside the conservation bubble and working productively in partnership with business.
- The Next Ten Years for People and Nature – think ahead as we consider the most pressing upcoming conservation issues, and the latest communications strategies. Hear visions from the future from inspirational speakers including Chris Baines.
- People Engagement Group – an opportunity to directly influence government policy through Defra’s People Engagement Group.
- The Delegate Showcase – Hear practical case studies from leading communicators and share your own innovative campaign with an expert audience.
Register now to secure your place at this annual event, or take a look at last year’s proceedings at http://communicate2011.bnhc.org.uk
We look forward to welcoming you to Bristol in October. For further details visit www.communicatenow.org, or contact Ben Connor, Project Manager on email@example.com, 0117 317 8751.