For Canadians: ECO-Award from the Environmental Studies Association of Canada
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2016 ECO-AWARD
The Environmental Studies Association of Canada (ESAC) is pleased to call for nominations for the annual Environmental Community’s Organizer (ECO-Award). Each year, the ECO-Award honours an individual, team, or organization which has positively contributed to the field of environmental studies in Canada through community-building, research, knowledge-to-action, or innovations in practice or approaches.
This award was created during ESAC’s 2012 annual meeting in Waterloo, Ontario. Past honoured recipients are Kira Jade Cooper (2012), Ella Haley (2013), Dave Ireland (2014) and the Under Western Skies conference at Mount Royal University, directed by Robert Boschman and Liam Haggarty (2015).
The ECO-Award selection committee will evaluate nominees based on the following general criteria, The nominee:
- works within the field of environmental studies in Canada;
- contributes to community-building within the field of environmental studies through the creation of partnerships, networks, relationships and projects;
- demonstrates collaborative and reciprocal relationships and partnerships to address issues of importance to the field of environmental studies;
- increases environmental awareness through knowledge-sharing and outreach activities;
- encourages environmental action and empowers and supports others to become involved in activities related to the field of environmental studies; and
- promotes the mobilization of knowledge and research to action and practice.
Nominations for or applications from individuals, groups, or organizations who work in interdisciplinary and multi-sectoral teams to advance the field of environmental studies through the development, enhancement, or expansion of innovative collaborations and networks are particularly encouraged.
This award is made possible by a healthy level of participation and membership in Canada’s environmental-studies community. All nominators and nominees are encouraged to participate in ESAC by maintaining their ESAC memberships or becoming members.
Nominations will be due electronically by midnight EST on Monday, May 2 to Geo Takach, ESAC’s ECO-Award Committee chair and board secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of the award will be made by ESAC’s board of directors. Winners will be notified by the end of May and officially announced and honoured at ESAC’s annual conference at the University of Calgary. That conference forms part of the 2016 Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, the largest scholarly gathering in Canada.
You can download the nomination form from http://esac.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2016-ECO-Award-nomination.pdf