Call for Applications: 2015 COCE Host
Call for Applications: 2015 Conference on Communication and Environment Host
The International Environmental Communication Association (IECA) requests applications from universities or institutions that wish to host the biennial Conference on Communication and the Environment (COCE) in 2015. The conference is typically held for 4-5 days in June.
The Conference on Communication and the Environment will be held at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala, Sweden from 6-10 June 2013. This COCE will be the first held outside the United States, and the first planned and administered in conjunction with IECA. COCE 2015 planning will be even more fully administered by IECA, with association committees taking on the workload for paper and panel reviewing, programming, events and excursions. This will reduce the burden on the local host institution and involve more people and resources in the process of conference organization. The precise financial details of the IECA / local host partnership will be worked out between the organizations.
We hope to promote the site selection for COCE 2015 at COCE 2013.
Guidelines for Applications
Preliminary expressions of interest should be emailed to IECA Executive Director Mark Meisner (mark at theieca dot org) by March 15, 2013. Full proposals should be submitted by April 15, 2013. Proposals should be 2-4 pages in length and should specifically address each point below.
1. Specify preference for dates for COCE 2015. COCE has typically been held in June; specify proposed dates that work for your institution and location.
2. Describe your site’s capacity in terms of conference rooms, internet access, and possibilities for teleconferencing.
3. Describe how conference participants would travel to your location, including airport information.
4. Describe possible conference lodging such as hotels, dormitories, or other options.
5. Describe accessibility for dining options within proximity to lodging possibilities and the conference location.
6. Describe any tours, social opportunities, or local sightseeing locations that scholars and practitioners of environmental communication might be interested in.
7. Describe possible funding support from your institution, grants, or other sources. If possible, provide an initial budget.
8. COCE usually has a conference theme. If you have a theme(s) in mind that fits with your site, please provide those possible conference themes.
9. Explain other unique aspects of your site, such as unique environmental features, departments, people, or NGOs in your region, possible keynote speakers, etc.
If you have any questions, please email Mark Meisner (mark at theieca dot org). Thank you for considering hosting COCE 2015.