The 2015 Conference on Communication and Environment in Boulder
Bridging Divides: Spaces of Scholarship
and Practice in Environmental Communication
June 11-14, 2015, University of Colorado
We would like to meet you in Boulder, Colorado— at the base of the Great Continental Divide of North America, nestled by the foothills of the legendary Rocky Mountains in the wide-open spaces of the American West— as we gather for the 2015 Conference on Communication and Environment (COCE). Held on the University of Colorado’s campus, the conference promises to discuss, explore and bridge the many divides, challenges and opportunities facing environmental communication and practice.
Boulder and the University of Colorado share a long-time commitment to environmental awareness. In addition, Boulder is home to many researchers, politicians, NGOs, writers, artists and performers actively contributing to our ongoing conversations of what “environment” is now, has been, and is meant to be. Come, listen, reflect, and add your voice!
J. Harrison Carpenter
Dale L. Miller
2015 COCE Co-Hosts
The 13th biennial Conference on Communication and Environment (COCE) will be held at the University of Colorado Boulder (known as CU Boulder) June 11-14, 2015. Pre-conference events will take place June 10 and field trips June 15.
IECA Board members J. Harrison Carpenter and Dale Miller (both of CU Boulder) are the conference co-hosts and local organizers.
IECA Founding member Max Boykoff (CU Boulder) and IECA Board member Julie Doyle (University of Brighton) are the Program Co-Chairs.
- 15 May 2014 ~ Theme announced and call for submissions distributed
- 15 October 2014 ~ Deadline for all submissions
- 12 December 2014 ~ Acceptance notification
- 19 December 2014 ~ Registration opens
- 28 February 2015 EXTENDED to March 31, 2015 ~ Early-bird registration closes
- 1 May 2015 EXTENDED to May 15 or June 1, 2015 depending on category of submission ~ Presenters asked to have their papers and posters uploaded to the COCE web site
- 28 May 2015 ~ Last day for online registration
- 11 June 2015 ~ Pre-conference events (optional)
- 11 June 2015 ~ Conference begins in Boulder, Colorado
- 15 June 2015 ~ Conference excursions (optional)
For general questions about the conference, please use the contact form.
Can't Make it to Boulder?
All conference sessions wil be recorded for online viewing. Just choose the Virtual Conference option when registering.
photo credit CU Boulder